Beginning with iOS 6 and higher this happens very rarely. However, if you're having problems creating or editing events, there are two possible reasons:
- Your iOS device has no default calendar (does not apply to Basic Skedi users)
- Make sure that you can create an event in Apple's Calendar app. If you can, then you have a default calendar. Skip to number 2.
- If you can't, add a calendar account from the Home screen by tapping Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Add Account.
- After you've created an account make sure it's set to your default iOS calendar and try creating an event Apple's Calendar app again.
- If you still don't have a default iOS calendar, try syncing your device with iTunes and sync a calendar on the Info tab.
- Skedi uses the following ports: 8443 and 61613. If these ports are blocked, the app will not work properly. If you're unsure, turn off your WI-FI and try creating an event again.
- From the Home screen tap Settings > Wi-FI
- Switch Wi-FI to OFF
- Try creating an event again
If you still have a problem, please submit a support request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: 14 Oct 2016